About Me

My photo
I'm a nature obsessed artist who lives in an little house in a little vilage in the Highlands of Scotland.I wander around a lot in the wilds and spend time just looking at things like birds and moths and trees and rocks. The rest of the time I'm drawing or painting, making odd things out of old stuff and drinking giant cups of peppermint tea. Imogen Greene is my pen name. I like the way it sounds and it just kind of suits what I do.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

A grand day out.


A day away from the studio today, off to Royal Deeside for a hike up Lochnagar. The wildlife count was pretty good. Here's what we saw in order of appearance: 1 jay ,6 red deer stags,several grouse, heard ptarmigan (not seen), mountain hare, fish rising in the loch, several grouse, 3 ravens, mountain hare (probably the same one), red squirrel, 2 red deer stags, 2 short eared owls having an aerial sparring match (see photo below, not one of mine unfortunately), kestrel, 4 roe deer and all the usual bird life you see on a long drive and walk in the Highlands. Watching the owls was the highlight- lots of acrobatics and talon to talon at times. They are spectacular looking birds.

Short eared owls ( from getty images, royalty free) 

No comments: