About Me

My photo
I'm a nature obsessed artist who lives in an little house in a little vilage in the Highlands of Scotland.I wander around a lot in the wilds and spend time just looking at things like birds and moths and trees and rocks. The rest of the time I'm drawing or painting, making odd things out of old stuff and drinking giant cups of peppermint tea. Imogen Greene is my pen name. I like the way it sounds and it just kind of suits what I do.

Saturday 15 October 2011

The path home


Well, the weather for my hike on Thursday wasn't that great, lots of low cloud swirling around,
 but it did lift now and again just enough for me to get my bearings.
The red deer rut is in full swing, there were stags roaring in every corrie, what a fantastic noise they make!
I saw a couple of mountain hares as well, still that lovely grey brown colour on the body with white legs,
they may be in their white winter coats by the next time I take a wander on the mountain tops.

I've just added the fox onto Imogens Attic.
 I think a couple of mountain hares will be my next addition so look out for them!





3 comments:

Cindy D said...

It looks so cool and wild, but very cold! I don't know if it was actually very cold, but I got a shiver looking at that photo. I would still love to wander around there, even with roaring stags (unless they are dangerous, hehe). The fox looks very serious - he must be stalking something.

Imogen Greene said...

Yes, it was pretty cold and the stags are ok as long as you don't get too close!

Maggie Flatley said...

Love your photograph, and your paintings are beautiful! Glad I found you on EBT. Going to visit your shop.